Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Supplement Update: XTEND INTRA-WORKOUT CATALYST


Some of you have wondered about the extra "stuff" you see on my nutrition log on MyFitnessPal.  I can tell you that I have tried many, many supplements over the past 6 years.  What I am taking now I feel is a worthwhile investment in my health and fitness goals and is affordable on my budget.  I can't say it will work for you.  I can't tell you that it's a magic bullet.  I can attest that they are safe, don't cause GI side effects and seem to have helped me gain lean mass (i.e. some muscle) over the years. 

I drink.  I drink ALOT.  Believe it or not though, I don't like plain water.  XTEND was the greatest find for me ever.  It is advertised as an intra-workout catalyst with actual studies to support its efficacy.  Some years ago I contacted Scivation to inquire if it was safe to drink XTEND with all my water and the answer was "yes".  Now, I don't drink without it!!!  Wish I owned some stock :-0  I carry a stash in my computer bag, my food bag, my suitcase, my car......everywhere.  My favorite is Grape Escape but there are many wonderful flavors that you can try.  XTEND is sugar-free and has a blend of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs), leucine ang glutamine to help support muscle recovery and protein synthesis (muscle growth).  If you want to give it a try you can purchase a variety pack from the Scivation website (http://www.scivation.com/XTEND.aspx) or from my go-to online nutrition store, Netrition (http://www4.netrition.com/scivation_xtend_new_formula.html).  

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

XTEND Formulation 
• 7000 mg of BCAAs in a research-proven ratio
• 3500 mg of Leucine
• 2500 mg of Glutamine
• 1000 mg of Citrulline Malate
• 1171 mg of Electrolytes
• 640 mcg of Vitamin B6
• Zero Carbohydrates or Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment