Saturday, March 2, 2013

March Kettlebell Challenge: Kettlebell Biceps Curl

I am on the third iteration of the March Challenge which is why I am delayed in posting the exercise videos.  I have designed the challenge so that you can use ONE piece of equipment (kettlebell, dumbbell, medicine ball or weight plate) and transition between exercises easily and efficiently.  The challenge has been finding videos that clearly demonstrate good technique.  I think I am going to have to start making my own!!

The second exercise of the four in the challenge is the biceps curl.  You all know how to do this, right!  Well, just in case I have included the links to three videos below.  The biceps curls will be performed with two hands and a close-grip regardless of what weighted tool you are using.  You need to move smoothly through the full range of motion.  

As I post the remaining exercise tutorials you should assess your maximum weight for each exercise independently.  I would then recommend that the weight you choose for the challenge be the lowest weight you could move with good form during your max test.

Remember, you don't need to run out and buy new equipment for this Challenge.  I have now completed all of the challenge exercises using a kettlebell, weight plate, dumbbell and medicine ball.  My only suggestion is that the exercises will be easier if you use a medicine ball with handles.  Take a look at the video links below.  I'll be posting the next exercise tomorrow.


Biceps Curl



References

Advanced Kettlebell Basics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjtAuZjBYns



No comments:

Post a Comment