Monday, December 31, 2012

Are You Ready to Rock the Challenge?

The push-up Challenge begins tomorrow, January 1, 2013!

This challenge is a tough one.  I made a broad assumption that most of you can do at least 10 push-ups either standard push-ups or on your knees.  This challenge will make your chest (pecs), shoulders (delts) and triceps sore.  If you need to rest every other day please do so.  Always listen to your body.  If you have pre-existing shoulder, chest or triceps injuries please take caution (and perhaps obtain clearance from your physician) before starting this program.  

If you don't already know your max number of push-ups (regular and close hand), you might want to document that as your baseline. You can repeat a max test at the end of the month to see your improvement.

Don't feel that you have to bang out all 20 reps in one session.  You can do 10 in the morning and 10 in the evening.  You can do 5 reps between sets or your weight-training workout.  Complete 10 reps of regular push-ups and close hand push-ups either on your toes or on your knees.  Keep a log and try to meet the daily goal.  

Now, if you have too much fun with your New Year's Eve celebration, you might not be in any shape to do push-ups tomorrow :-)  Train smart!  Follow along with the group on Facebook  to keep you motivated.

2 comments:

  1. I am taking your challenge! I am starting with 10 push-ups (on knees) and working up to the 20 by week 3 so, I'm almost there!!!!! I would also like to give some attention to abs. I have 3 children, the last 2 were c-section and my stomach looks a wreck!!!!! any suggestions???????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job with the Push-Up Challenge! I'm glad you can join and push yourself to do more. Can you tell me more about your overall fitness and nutrition? Spot reduction for your abs doesn't really work, but a strong program to address your cardio, strength and and nutrition will produce results. Feel free to email me at buffntufffitness@gmail.com or to private message me on Facebook. Would enjoy a chance to try to help you meet your goals.

      Delete